Rotary Club of West Seattle
Students of the Month is a program that honors outstanding students in West Seattle High Schools. The schools choose the recipients and the students along with their counselors are guests of the West Seattle Rotary at the weekly luncheon at Salty’s on the second Tuesday of the month. In addition, the students are encouraged to bring their parents or guardians or another person who is important in their lives.
The schools responsible for the selection of the students are
- Chief Sealth International High School
- Career Link/Aternative High Schools
- Seattle Lutheran High School
- West Seattle High School
- Southwest Youth and Family Services.
All the Students of the Month give a short talk indicating their accomplishments and aspirations. They are asked to view these in light of mission and principles of Rotary, especially Rotary’s 4-Way Test. The test, which has been translated into more than 100 languages, asks the following questions:
Of the things we think, say or do
1. Is it the TRUTH?
2. Is it FAIR to all concerned?
3. Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
4. Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?